To be completely honest, most of the time I don’t bother with any dessert other than chocolate or ice cream (with chocolate in it). It seems like kind of a waste right? If I’m going to indulge I want to do it right. BUT, that being said, during the Summer my cravings turn more toward fruity indulgences. So today I’m sharing a recipe I recently tried out for individual fruit tarts. Isn’t it cute? Pair your tart with a steaming cup of coffee or a sparkly glass of bubbles for a sinfully delicious treat. Enjoy!
Summer Fruit Tart Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
– 2 cups crushed graham crackers
– 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
– 1/2 cup chilled heavy cream
– 1 cup light cream cheese
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Raspberries and blueberries for topping
1) Combine the graham crackers, melted butter and sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until fully incorporated and then divide equally between 4 tart pans or 1 large pie pan (your preference). Press the graham cracker mix down to create a crust and then bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
2) Next, using a mixer or separate bowl, add in the heavy cream and whip until the cream forms soft peaks. When it’s ready, fold in the cream cheese and then mix until the filling is smooth and fully combined.
3) Spoon the filling into your tart crusts and then chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
4) Lastly, add the berries to the top of each tart (you can copy my design or create your own) and serve.
*Note: They taste best when eaten immediately! 🙂