Happy Monday! Today I’m sharing one of my all time favorite toning workouts that I originally found on Women’s Health. Seriously, it’s so simple, takes about 15-20 mins and definitely tones you up! My friend and workout buddy Lauren helped me demonstrate each move below. Before we get started, here are a few quick notes…
*What is a kettlebell?
The main equipment used for ballistic exercises that combine cardio, strength and flexibility. Ie. Fantastic for getting more done in less time! The kettlebell allows you to work multiple muscles simultaneously.
*What do you need for this workout?
Grab a 10 – 15 lb kettlebell and complete the circuit below 2-3 times, resting 1-2 minutes in between each circuit. For the best results, complete this workout 3x per week.
1) Hold the kettlebell directly in front of you with two hands. Swing it to the right fully around your body and repeat 10x. Then switch sides.
2) Grip the kettlebell with your right hand and place your left hand on your left knee for balance. Pull your elbow straight back and then release back to the starting position. Repeat 10x and then switch sides.
3) Begin by gripping the kettlebell loosely in front of you with both hands. Keeping your back straight, squat until the kettlebell touches the floor. Repeat 12x.
4) For the next exercise you’ll be moving the kettlebell between your legs in the shape of a figure 8. Start by tucking the kettlebell back behind your left leg, then bring it around the front and back behind your right left. Repeat the sequence 12x.
5) Lay down with your legs flat and hold the kettlebell up with your right hand. Keeping the kettlebell in the same position, do a sit up. Repeat 5x on each side.
6) Hold the kettlebell in front of you with both hands. Swing back in between your legs and then push out in front of you. Repeat 20x.
7) Hold the kettlebell straight up with your right hand, legs apart. Slowly slide your left hand down your left leg until you reach your ankle, then slide back up. Repeat 5x and then switch sides.
8) Lastly, flip the kettlebell upside down and grip with both hands, feet apart. Hold steady and squat. Repeat 12x.